Sunday, January 27, 2008

More Books...

After having several days when I was not able to log onto my blog because of the parental controls on our pc, I am back and ready to write about several things going on in my life...

READING- I am continuing on with my quest to read 10,000 pages this year and to read a book every week or two. The last week I have read a couple of things...

The first is a play 30 reasons not to do a play that I was looking at for my spring production. I liked it but I did not like the fact that it is not a play in the sense of having a set design and plot line, but rather it is a group of people talking to the audience and acting in small vignettes. I am know down to either Backstage or Tales of the Arabian Nights for my show.. Both would be good, but I just need to flip a coin... My page total for this one is 50 pages.

I have been reading a really great book called Organic God by Margaret Feinberg. She is a great writer that makes reading about God and what I love most about Jesus really easy. Rick ad I spent some time talking the other night about how I can read a fiction novel of 300 pages in a period of hours and I have been reading Organic God for over a week and am nearly at 100 pages. I am still not finished. I was frustrated at the slowness of the reading but Rick suggested that reading something deep and meaningful takes me longer to read than the funky fun books I normally enjoy.

I picked up James Patterson's next book in the Women's Murder Club. Third Degree was a quick read and Patterson is still able to have some twists I do not expect. I like that in a mystery. This one was 390 pages.

Not sure what I want to do next. I think it is time for some literature.. Something I have enjoyed before and want to read again. Maybe To Kill a Mockingbird or something like that. I also want to finish Organic God.

2 comments:

Margaret Feinberg said...

I hope that the Organic God gets a little more fun (though it doesn't need to be more funky :-) as you continue reading it...

Blessings,
Margaret

vstilwell said...

I love reading Organic God. The writing style is great, but for whatever reason, I am reading it much more slowly than I would a "quick read" like a mystery novel. I would like to think that I am reading more slowly because it is intersting and meaningful instead of just something fun.