Monday, June 23, 2008

summer reading...

Ok.. I haven't marked down my reading in awhile and I do still have my goal of 10,000 pages for the year.. I have read more in the last week that i have since before the spring play rehearsals started.. I'll work my way back with my books.

I just finished 2 books this weekend- The Hunt and The Prey by Allison Brennan. Both are murder mysteries with strong women in the protagonist role. While the books do not all have exactly the same characters, they have overlapping characters and are part of a trilogy of books Brennan ha written. I know I'll finish the last one before summer is over. The number of pages for each was about 380.

I also read 7th Heaven by Patterson.. the newest release from the Women's Murder Club mysteries... I really wasn't impressed because the good action that I have seen in the other books wasn't in this one.. This book had 375 pages in it. That means I have read almost 1200 pages in less than a week.

Last week I read Devil May Care by Sebastian Faulk (written as Ian Fleming). This was surprisingly good although there were some slow parts to it. I hadn't read any Bond novels in awhile, so I enjoyed this one. It had 304 pages.

Last month, Rick gave me the Maximum Ride:Final Warning as post-play reading material.. I read it as I went to Philadelphia for our anniversary.. I wasn't impressed with this Patterson novel either.. He left his usual formula for good action and opted to preach on global warming.. I am sure he was trying to teach a new generation about living greener, but it didn't seem to fit in this series.. This book had 272 pages..

My final book in my recent reading is R is for Ricochet. It is another of the Sue Grafton Murder mysteries. I enjoyed this one because Grafton kept to a workable formula for a good series. This book had 384 pages in it.

I think that 10,000 pages is going to be an easy goal. I am more than half way there now.. I may try to expand my genres for the rest of the year. I have 2 books on my shelf right now..

No comments: