Saturday, June 21, 2008

forever...

Forever...
the amount of time it has been since I have blogged....
how long I have been in love with rick !!!
how long it seems I have been trying to catch up on laundry...

i am thinking alot about my life with rick today.. in a few hours we will go to a wedding in the same church we were married in.. for a friend who was a child the age of my own children when we were married...
i remember i met him while doing cross word puzzles between classes.. i could match him in crosswords, but even then couldn't match him in word jumbles!!
i remember going to the amy grant concert in the middle of finals..
and spring break with Jenny and Jeff and Debbie and Janet and Stephen...
i remember trying to study while listening to him on the radio on sunday afternoons.. and having him proofread all my term papers..
i remember when I realized i was in love.. and even more so when i came home from japan and knew i wanted to spend my life with him...
i remember him getting down on one knee in my apartment and how the peanut butter pie never got eaten that night...
i remember our first argument in front of his mother... over our china pattern ("that's fine" was not the right answer)
i remember him singing to me at our rehearsal dinner and driving through the rain storm on our wedding night..
i remember having as much fun watching Braves baseball on the couch as adventuring out during our honeymoon..
i remember writing thank you notes.. and checking to make sure rick hadn't too much of a smart aleck on them.. (and no, "thanks for the crystal dish. our dog is enjoying eating out of it" is not an appropriate thank you)
i remember arguing of which peanut butter and ketchup to buy...
and i remember how much i love him and how it has grown each and every day.....

No comments: