Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day 2... or where are my drama books???

Well the first 2 days have come and gone and I am still not feeling my excitement about school starting yet. I love teaching and by this time of the school year, I am happily anticipating my students and writing lesson plans for the first several weeks of school, but our school is in such flux this year that my happiness has not arrived yet.
Our school is undergoin massive renovations and while I am not directly affected by the changes, the trickle down effect is causing me some minor anxiety. Many teachers are still waiting for their desks, files, computers, etc to be unloaded from the monster storage units in the parking lot, and others of us have our rooms completely ready, but cannot log onto our pcs because of some computer glitch from the summer and others are completely set.. I am in the minor computer glitch category. I can't really complain about the computer problems when there are people at school who haven't seen their files or computers yet.
My other issue is that new drama books have been ordered but either they have not arrived yet or the state department sent nursing books instead. Drama students do not need anatomy books.. those could cause problems!!! :)
My fall schedule gives me first period planning, drama II/IV second period and drama I in third and fourth periods. That should be a fun.

1 comment:

Matt Harmless said...

Our school is starting late, so I don't even have to think about this stuff for at least another week.

But I feel for you not having the books yet...