Thursday, August 16, 2007

Day 4: I can't think tonight...

After spending 4 days at school, I will list what I have accomplished and what I still need to do. I really want to make some deeply important point about God, life, and ministering to teenagers but all I have right now is the lists of things to do. I love teaching but right now things are too chaotic...

Things done:
1. typed my student info. sheet
2. typed the syllabus for Drama I
3. sent an email to district office about our meeting yesterday
4. read "Once Upon a mattress" and realized it is not the right show for us
5. turned in the work order for the broken air conditioner on the stage and in my classroom

Things to be done:
1. type my drama III/IV syllabus
2. print all of paperwork for first day
3. write my first week lesson plans
4. get the graduation robes out of my classroom
5. hope that the computer system finally acknowledges my existence and allows me to get my rolls, set up my gradebook, etc.
6. put chairs at all of the tables in my room
7. set out all of the papers I need for homeroom on Monday
8. Hope that I do not have lunch duty on Monday.. first day of school
9. make signs directing students to my classroom
10. pull props I need for drama III/IV to do their scenes on the first day of school.

My mind hurts... and I am worried about my school being ready to open on Monday. There are still teachers who do not have all of the files, pcs, and stuff... it is still being unloaded out of the storage units out in the yard.

Good night.

2 comments:

Rick said...

It's the weekend - sleep in :)

vstilwell said...

I should sleep in since the pets kept waking me up all night!