Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Day 3.. now I do not exist

Day 3 and I seem to be moving backwards with computer issues instead of forward...
Last night, I went to check school email here at home to see if I missed any news after leaving school and I could not log in. Apparently, the email password I have had for the last several years in no longer correct. What???
So when I got to school this morning, I tried to log on to email on my "sort of works pc" at school and my email password there is also invalid. I also cannot log onto anyone else's pc to find out class rosters or email or use my files from the server... so basically I do not exist on the computer anymore.
When I explained my problem to my principal he said (with a completely serious face) " Just email our computer tech about it." I just stood there staring.... then he started laughing at what he had said. This poor man has way too many issues this week.. or I completely missed his sense of humor on this one. Usually I am making the "smartie pants" comments at school.
This afternoon I spent in district level fine arts meetings. I was asked about being the lead teacher for drama. I am not sure if that is a cool statement about my teaching and coordination skills or some kind of punishment...
By the way... My school has the teachers march in at graduation each year. We are in full academic regalia and it looks pretty cool. My mom is thrilled that I actually use what she refers to as my "40,000.00 robe" on a regular basis. But the problem is, that for some reason, I have about 50 teacher graduation robes sitting all over the tables in my classroom right now. so if anyone needs a black academic robe???

2 comments:

Too_Lively said...

Oh, oh, I want a robe! Really, I do!

vstilwell said...

do you want the one bachelors one or masters one? If I could find the pretty Phd ones, I'd sneek one for me too... If they don't disappear before the first day of school. The Advanced drama students are going to create improvisation scenes with them... Maybe I could sell them on ebay.. hmmm.. there's an idea!