Sunday, August 19, 2007

Less than 12 hours...

Less than 12 hours from now, I will begin the new school year. This weekend has flown by. I went to school yesterday and tried to do some more work. I think I am about ready... OK. I really am not ready, but I am not sure that I ever REALLY am though.
Rick and the kids took me out to dinner Saturday night and as I pulled in to the restaurant I saw a bunch of booths sitting next to a dumpster behind the building. My first thought was "I want one for my classroom" and my second one was "I wonder which one of my former students is working her so I can ask." Well the host was one of my former drama students and he checked with the manager who said I could have whatever was back there. They had just taken them out Friday night to do their remodeling. My very sweet husband Rick and my brother-in-law Jeff went back with me today with my father-in-law's truck and I got three booths for my class and for the stage!!! I am really excited. Jeff made two more trips over there and took a bunch of booths to the youth room at his church (Jeff is a youth minister). He said if I need them for a play this year I can borrow them. COOOOOOL!!!
We spent the evening packing the kids' backpacks for school tomorrow. I will take T to middle school and Rick will take C to the elementary school. I am going to miss them being at the same school. Life has been so easy with them together the last few years, but it will still not be that bad. T will walk over to the high school from the middle school. It is next door and C will ride the bus over to me. I even remembered to pack snacks for them to have after school when they get to me...
Honestly I am more nervous about my kids having good days than I am about my school day. Middle school is tough for this mom.. more tough than buying my "baby" men's size 10 1/2 tennis shoes yesterday. If his feet are this big going into sixth grade, what are they going to be in high school??
Good night and pray often for me tomorrow....

2 comments:

Too_Lively said...

I can so relate. Man size shoes and middle school, they must go together.

My eldest had to come home and change clothes before going back for the "Welcome Back" dance. When did he start needing new clothes for a dance? And when did he start smelling so Polo-rific?

vstilwell said...

my sixth grader is still working on the polo-rific... he's still in the "I have to take a shower every day?" mode..