Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I have been teaching tooooo long!

Linda and I were trying to move the old upright piano in her classroom today. The thing only has 2 wheels and in just a few moments we were laughing because there was no way we were going to get it where we needed it. I told her that I was going to see if there were any ROTC students in the hall that could move it for us. When I went in the hall, there was one of the football coaches coming down the hall with two of his players (one of whom I teach) so this is the conversation that followed...

Me "Coach, could I borrow your player for just a moment to move a piano in the chorus room?"

Coach "Sure.. No problem. Come on guys."

Me "Thanks. (to one of the players) Keith, I see your on my roll for second period this fall."

Keith "Yes ma'am."

Coach "Keith, you're in Mrs. Stilwell's class again? She said that you remind her of me when she taught me.."

Keith "Yes Sir.. She said that she can't read anything that either one of us writes...."

I HAVE BEEN TEACHING TOO LONG WHEN I HAVE TAUGHT THE FOOTBALL COACHES!

1 comment:

jen said...

*jaw drops* your students call you ma'am.